It’s easy to rack up a hefty bill when travelling, flights them-self take up the majority of the cost. Here’s my 5 top tips for avoiding the sting and booking cheap flights:
1. Utilise Sky Scanner! Seriously, if you’re not restricted to dates or location then search by price, my favourite past time is playing with locations and dates to work out the cheapest possible combinations, you’ll be amazed when you find flights to Europe for as little as £16 one way. Cheers Sky Scanner!
2. Is there a perfect time to buy flights? YES, flights are at their cheapest the day/week they come out so if you’re looking at booking a specific location get it booked well in advance.
3. Avoid kid holidays, a cliché in the travel world but one worth pointing out, make sure you’re not travelling during school holidays, prices are renowned for being higher than usual.
4. Incognito is your friend! Ever wondered why flight prices can change, the first couple of time you check them they are the same and then BAM, gone up! .. yeah well some airlines monitor the traffic to their sites, use a private browser to avoid getting stung.
5. Travel weekdays. Personally I find the best prices when booking mid week, simply because not many people shop for flights mid week. Same goes for travel dates, try flying on a Tuesday/ Wednesday and or returning on a Saturday for cheaper flights!
I’d love to hear any tips you’ve picked up, feel free to share them!