We’ve all done it, looked at those people travelling and thought God, how do they really afford it?! It’s true most people save up for their travels, but many people have successfully worked their way around the world. I admit, if you’re looking for luxury then you should check out my post on 5 Top Travel Jobs here, but if you’re looking to earn a bob or two to keep you ticking then here’s my top tips for staying afloat.
1. Cut Hair – we’ve all chopped a little from our own fro, who hasn’t attacked their fringe right? We’ll put those skills to good use on your travels, you’re surrounded by traveller’s alike, offer out cheap haircuts to other travellers, they get a new barnet and you get a few quid, win win!
2. Menu Writing – how often you step into a restaurant abroad and see chicken spelt ‘Ciken’, offering your writing skills will help the restaurant’s business with future customers, if you change a small amount you may even get your meal thrown in for free.
3. Tour Guide – for those of you who have spent a length of time in one area its worth checking out, in some countries you may need to link up with a tour company, in others you can simply go solo. Free tours are the best option if you’re not too confident in your skills, work for tips.
4. Teach English – nearly everywhere you go companies are crying out for English speaking employees. Check out eslcafe.com, send in a few applications to schools in South Korea, Japan, Thailand or dozens of other locations & you’ll be surprised at how many interviews you land.
5. Travel Blogging – you don’t have to be a travel blogger but given your current situation it could well be your best option. Check out fellow travel bloggers and look up the best ways to make money blogging.
Have you traveled and made money through different means? Get in touch! We’d love to hear more.