Your 20’s, your prime years… So you’ve left uni and Pound a Pint is a distant memory! You’re at a crossroads in life, who wants to settle down now? Not you! So you book that one way ticket to Aus in the hope that you become a professional surfer and never return. If that’s not you and you still need a little persuading then here’s my top 20 reasons why you, YES YOU, should travel in your 20’s.
1. Everyone’s Doing It! You don’t want to be the weird one that hits 30 and doesn’t have an obscure story about how you wrestled a crocodile do you?!
2. Your Figure. You’ve got a pretty fit body and let’s face it, that’s not going to last forever. So put on your Triangle bikini and Instagram your shit down on Bondi Beach. #selfie
3. Your Credit Card. By now it’s your friend, your best friend, and you’ve already racked up a debt of twenty something ‘k’ on that worthwhile degree, so what’s the harm in spending a little more?
4. Your Bodies a Machine. Literally. At what other age can you stay up partying ‘til 5 and catch that 8am flight
5. ‘To get it out of your system’, they say if you don’t do it now then you’ll carry that big old burden of regret around with you, and who needs extra baggage when your 50? Think about that!
6. You can do it on a shoestring! Hostels and Room Shares come far cheaper when you don’t really give a shit where you’re gonna lay your head, I mean a beds a bed right?
7. Your Job. You’re future employer will LOVE all that life experience (tell your mum that one!)
8. To Find Yourself. You’ve spent 3 of the best yet hellish years doing your degree, does anyone understand the stress and drama you’ve been through?! Go find a tribe, embrace Buddhism & learn to meditate. Namaste.
9. Work. You have approximately 3429406460142 hours to work before you retire, have your fun now before life takes hold.
10. Friends. You’ll become best buddies with people from all over the world. You’ll appreciate this in 10 years’ time when you NEED a cheap holiday and a place to stay.
11. Social Media. How great will your timeline look though???
13. ‘cause everyone’s crazy in their twenties so you’ll fit in just fine.
14. You’ll Stay Slim. Saving means you don’t really need that UK imported Snickers Bar, for that price you’d get a room for the night.
15. Social Skills. You’ll have deep, and I mean deep, conversations with utter strangers, probably drunken, but this means you can converse with just about anyone.
16. Your Carefree. This means you’re not going to think twice about throwing yourself out of an aeroplane.
17. Budget. Another one for your mum. You’ll learn how to budget spends, a valuable life skill.
18. Because your hair will grow back. Shave it, Braid it, Cut it, Abuse it! It’s ok, you’re in your twenties so it’s got plenty of time to recover.
19. Volunteer. Go work with the Koala’s in Aus! Give something back whilst you have the time to give.
20. Because, Fuck It! You’re only young once! Stop making excuses… book it and go.