12 of the oddest things you should come probably come to terms with before you visit the USA
1. They tip! EVERYONE! See here, my guide to tipping in the USA
2. Tax, you pick it up at a nice round $10 and then BOOM ‘that’ll be $12.39 please’ WHAT?!
3. Their amazing approach to explaining directions ‘ok so what you’re gonna do is you’re gonna make a right, and then make a left’ AWSOME!
4. Supersize! Oh yes, been faced with the ‘want to make that a large’ is considered an insult ‘want to make that supersize’ is now the question
5. Crossing the road. In England, its pretty much a free for all. Crossings are there but whatever. Oh no in America, you cross at crossings, crazy right?
6. Cheerleaders, at almost every sporting event they are there! WHY?!
7. Pep rally’s, again, what even is this?!
8. Peanut Butter, you guys have it on all the menu’s, even with Jam.
9. Flags, patriotism and dedicated love for the United States of America
11. Free refills, amazing and slowly reaching us in the UK but American’s love the free refills!
12. 7/11, you’ve got one on EVERY corner.
Accept these 12 factors for an awesome trip! I love you America!
Lots of love, Rebekah xx
My infatuation with Harry Potter goes back, way back. But that’s not to say that it’s any less magical for the Muggles amongst us! From the moment you step into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter you feel as though you’ve been transported into another realm.
Here’s my 5 reasons why the Wizarding World of Harry Potter really is the happiest place on earth.
1. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride: hooked after just 1 go, I decided the 40minute queue was well worth the wait. The ride transports you through the story of Harry Potter, you fly, fall and dive through the 4D experience. I’ve never experienced a ride like this!
2. Honeydukes: Hogsmeads famous sweet store does not disappoint the muggles. In here you’ll find every Harry Potter novelty you could imagine. Help yourself to a chocolate frog and a pumpkin juice whilst you embrace your inner child.
3. Moaning Myrtle Toilets: what? You didn’t expect the toilets to be normal did you? Even the bathroom replicates the set of the Hogwarts bathroom, experience the real deal with myrtle shrieking and whining in the bathroom.
4.Hogwarts Castle: just as spectacular as the movies, Hogwarts castle stands with pride and is visible from across the park. A truly magical experience.
5. Olivanders Wand Shop: they specialise in finding each and every single person their own wand, I’m sure we all remember “the wand chooses the wizard Mr Potter” don’t we?
No matter your age The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will take your breath away!
Share any snaps, tweet me @rebekahesme I love sharing your experiences!